Cockroaches that have eaten the gel can kill other cockroaches. This happens because cockroaches are in the habit of feeding on carcasses of dead individuals (called necrophagy) and the fecal matter of cockroaches that have fed on gel bait. Such death of cockroaches due to their feeding on excreta of other cockroaches and remains of dead ones is called the cascading effect.
The science behind the cascading effect leads to quick eradication of all members of the population. Generally, about eighty percent of cockroaches in a colony die in one week after gel baiting. The remaining cockroaches are effectively controlled within three weeks.
If you make your home inhospitable for cockroaches, there are lesser chances of you finding them at your place. You can take the following measures to make your space inhospitable.
- Seal all cracks and crevices inside and outside your home, as those places can harbor cockroaches.
- Avoid moisture build-up by unclogging drains and fixing leaks.
- Soak dishes in the sink overnight with a soapy solution to prevent cockroaches from accessing food residues in the dishes.
- Wipe and remove traces of sugary solutions when cleaning dining tables as such residues can attract cockroaches which like to feed on sugar.
- Dispose-off any unused cardboard packaging as it is a favored material of cockroaches to lay eggs and multiply.
Cockroach-borne diseases are very common, especially among children. Cockroaches survive extreme climates and are on the lookout for food, which in turn contaminates your kitchen. The treatment will be carried out by applying a residual insecticide to all infested areas, breeding spots and entry points to control the cockroach infestation & prevent cross infestation to the premises.
Cockroaches cannot be eliminated – they always find ways to enter our homes and hide. Regular expert intervention can control them without using excessive toxic chemicals. Cockroaches are the most common problem faced by every homeowner and they will never stop trying to get into your home in search of food, water, and shelter before you ever realize they’re in your home. Cockroaches are the most familiar problem creator pest that causes various serious diseases and nuisance.